Pin A Book
The setting is central to my novel, The Red Brick Cellars. It’s actually what inspired the whole plotline. It also gave me characters I saw clearly in my head.
Readers often want to escape to a different time or a different place, so I figured I’d bring my readers to the places I know the best. For my first novel, this meant Toulouse, France, but I’m sure I’ll end up in Norway too pretty soon!
I’ve started to interview other authors for whom the setting was important to their story, and on this page I’ll pin both authors and books to the map you can find below. I’m excited to see how many different pins I can get!
Only seeing numbers on the map? That’s normal, it’s just grouping several pins together. Click on the number and the map will zoom in on those pins. To see the details on author or book, just click on the pin.
Below you can find links to the Pin A Book blog posts done to date:
- Until the Debt is Paid by Alexander Hartung – Germany
- Murder and Other Unnatural Disasters by Lida Sideris – USA
- Last Prophecy of Rome by Iain King – Italy/UK
- Meet me in Malmö by Torquil MacLeod – Sweden/UK
- Murder in Cuba by Dianne Harman – Cuba/USA
- Running Towards Danger by Tina Clough – New Zealand
- The Geneviève Lenard Series by Estelle Ryan – France/South Africa
- A Mother’s Secret by Renita D’Silva – India/UK
- The Portia Adams Adventures by Angela Misri – Canada/UK
- Gold of Our Fathers by Kwei Quartey – USA/Ghana
- The Unexpected Inheriance of Inspector Chopra by Vaseem Khan – UK/India
- Make That Deux by Julia McDermott – USA/France
- A Rising Man by Abir Mukherjee – UK/India
- The Bookseller by Mark Pryor – USA/France
- Murder on the Quai by Cara Black – USA/France
- The Shoeshine Killer by Marianne Wheelaghan – UK/Fiji
- Bad Seed by Alan Carter – Australia/China
- The Little French Guesthouse by Helen Pollard – UK/France
- 300 Days of Sun by Deborah Lawrenson – UK/Portugal
- The Promise of Provence by Patricia Sands – Canada/France
- The Turtle Run by Marie Evelyn – UK/Barbados
- Old Friends and New Enemies by Owen Mullen – Scotland
- The Darkest Heart by Dan Smith – UK/Brazil
Please note that Amazon links are affiliate links. You’ll pay the same price for anything you order, but I will earn a small commission.